[Koha-devel] General questions from a first-patcher

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Sat Sep 28 07:21:08 CEST 2013

op 28-09-13 06:27, Philippe Blouin schreef:
> 1) git bz worked for my very first patch, but after that I only managed
> to use it once again.  I always get some Traceback OR a huge xml/html
> page as an error.

What're the errors that you're seeing? Also, are you using the latest
version? An upgrade to bugzilla a while back caused some strange
behaviour and required an update to git-bz to work.

> 2) I used git send-email as specified below, but I don't see anything
> generated on the list (patches).  Actually, I rarely ever see anything
> on that list.  How is it used, exactly?

The main conduit for patches is bugzilla, however posting them to the
patches list allows anyone subscribed to that to see what's going on. As
a bit of a guideline, I'll post initial patches for things there, but
don't bother with updated versions or sign-offs. But what you choose to
do is up to you really.

As for why it's not sending, you'll probably have to have a look through
your computer's configuration to figure it out. Is it set up to send
email properly, for example? Is there diagnostic information in the logs?

Robin.