[Koha-devel] General questions from a first-patcher

Mason James mtj at kohaaloha.com
Mon Sep 30 21:03:24 CEST 2013

On 2013-09-28, at 5:21 PM, Robin Sheat wrote:

> op 28-09-13 06:27, Philippe Blouin schreef:
>> 1) git bz worked for my very first patch, but after that I only managed
>> to use it once again.  I always get some Traceback OR a huge xml/html
>> page as an error.
>
> What're the errors that you're seeing? Also, are you using the latest
> version? An upgrade to bugzilla a while back caused some strange
> behaviour and required an update to git-bz to work.

hi again, just 2 quick points…

1/ the traceback error in git-bz is a common http timeout error. the current workaround is to just be a bit quicker!

2/ if you look closely thru that xml/html output, you can spot the actual error message from bugzilla

...this type of git-bz error is often caused by someone attempting to move a bug's status from say… NEW to PASSED-QA
(you can only change a bug's status to PASSED-QA, if the bug's status has been set to SIGNED-OFF previously)