[Koha-devel] General questions from a first-patcher

Philippe Blouin philippe.blouin at inLibro.com
Mon Sep 30 21:09:20 CEST 2013

Is it possible I was getting that error because the bug state was not in
Assigned anymore?  I was trying to update/replace the patch.
For a while I thought that was because I was using the wrong user as
well, but it still didn't work when I changed.

I see a lot of benefits to using git-bz instead of the manual approach,
so anything that get me there is all good.

Thanks a lot!
Blou

On 13-09-30 03:03 PM, Mason James wrote:
> On 2013-09-28, at 5:21 PM, Robin Sheat wrote:
>
>> op 28-09-13 06:27, Philippe Blouin schreef:
>>> 1) git bz worked for my very first patch, but after that I only managed
>>> to use it once again.  I always get some Traceback OR a huge xml/html
>>> page as an error.
>> What're the errors that you're seeing? Also, are you using the latest
>> version? An upgrade to bugzilla a while back caused some strange
>> behaviour and required an update to git-bz to work.
> hi again, just 2 quick points…
>
> 1/ the traceback error in git-bz is a common http timeout error. the current workaround is to just be a bit quicker!
>
> 2/ if you look closely thru that xml/html output, you can spot the actual error message from bugzilla
>
> ...this type of git-bz error is often caused by someone attempting to move a bug's status from say… NEW to PASSED-QA
> (you can only change a bug's status to PASSED-QA, if the bug's status has been set to SIGNED-OFF previously)

Philippe Blouin,
Responsable du développement informatique

Tél.  : (888) 604-2627
philippe.blouin at inLibro.com <mailto:philippe.blouin at inLibro.com>

inLibro | pour esprit libre | www.inLibro.com <http://www.inLibro.com>