[Koha-devel] RSS feed for Public Lists

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Thu Apr 3 07:54:00 CEST 2014

Hi folks:

What do people think about providing RSS feeds for Public Lists?

One of our librarians mentioned it to me, and I think it's a great idea. The
library can curate these lists, and users follow whatever list/feed
interests them. Rather than checking on the list periodically, they will get
notifications via their feed aggregator.

I'm not sure about what format to use though. Originally, I was just
thinking of doing standard RSS, but then I took a look at the OPAC and
noticed the added bits of 'atom' and 'opensearch', so I thought I would take
it to the group.

Anyone have ideas about the best way to proceed? I would love if someone
with more knowledge of these standards was about to speak to them : ).

-David