[Koha-devel] Deprecating the Non-XSLT display on Detail and Search/List Results

Gaetan Boisson gaetan.boisson at biblibre.com
Fri Apr 25 16:06:21 CEST 2014

  Hi all,

i have never ever had an instance of Koha running with the non-xslt display.

The few times i forgot to activate it gave catastrophic results, and i
quickly put some stylesheets there. Maybe it's different in marc21.

Our default xslt stylesheets do need a lot more work to get better
actually (i am speaking for unimarc here). But it does seem to me like
it is a better idea to do it in xslt rather than in the templates.
(Because whatever we do there can be built upon by each library that
uses Koha more easily. And because users could share what they do here
like they do it for sql reports.)

Best,

Le 24/04/2014 05:12, David Cook a écrit :

> Hi folks:
>
> What do people think about deprecating the non-XSLT display on detail
> and search/list results pages?
>
> The XSLT display provides more data in a much more attractive way than
> the non-XSLT templates. They're also easier to maintain (as you don't
> need to modify the Perl scripts to feed data forward). We already have
> default XSLTs so it would be trivial to use these as fallbacks where
> people haven't specified a XSLT with the global system preferences.
>
> Going forward, I much rather maintain one set of templates than two. I
> don't know about the most recent versions, but in the past (e.g. 3.8)
> there were issues with the non-XSLT displays not showing data in the
> right order and not having as much data. Rather than update these
> displays, it seems much more logical to deprecate them and switch
> everyone to using the more modern templates.
>
> -David

Gaetan Boisson
Chef de projet bibliothécaire
BibLibre