[Koha-devel] Deprecating the Non-XSLT display on Detail and Search/List Results

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 17:38:59 CEST 2014

+1 for deprecating non-XSLT. If a better (then XSLT) solution arises it
won't have to do with the old non-XSLT code and templates.

Regards
To+

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 12:12 AM, David Cook <dcook at prosentient.com.au>wrote:

> Hi folks:
>

> What do people think about deprecating the non-XSLT display on detail and
> search/list results pages?
>

> The XSLT display provides more data in a much more attractive way than the
> non-XSLT templates. They’re also easier to maintain (as you don’t need to
> modify the Perl scripts to feed data forward). We already have default
> XSLTs so it would be trivial to use these as fallbacks where people haven’t
> specified a XSLT with the global system preferences.
>

> Going forward, I much rather maintain one set of templates than two. I
> don’t know about the most recent versions, but in the past (e.g. 3.8) there
> were issues with the non-XSLT displays not showing data in the right order
> and not having as much data. Rather than update these displays, it seems
> much more logical to deprecate them and switch everyone to using the more
> modern templates.
>

> -David

Tomás Cohen Arazi
Prosecretaría de Informática
Universidad Nacional de Córdoba
✆ +54 351 4333190 ext 13168
GPG: B76C 6E7C 2D80 551A C765  E225 0A27 2EA1 B2F3 C15F