[Koha-devel] RFC for overdue notice enhancements

Francois Charbonnier francois.charbonnier at inlibro.com
Mon Aug 25 17:17:42 CEST 2014

Salut Paul!

Answers bellow!

François Charbonnier,
Bibl. prof. / Chef de produits

Tél.  : (888) 604-2627
francois.charbonnier at inLibro.com <mailto:francois.charbonnier at inLibro.com>

inLibro | pour esprit libre | www.inLibro.com <http://www.inLibro.com>
Le 2014-08-25 07:56, Paul Poulain a écrit :
> Le 15/08/2014 15:50, Francois Charbonnier a écrit :
>> Hello all,
> Hi François,
>
>> Here, you will find the RFCs :
>> http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Overdue_Notice_Enhancement
> About the replacement cost, a question/an idea : the amount, iiuc, is
> ADDED to the price in items table. Would it be relevant to have 2
> other options:
>  * the default replacementprice is REPLACING the items.replacementprice
>  * the default is a % of additionnal fee.
>
> I'm not sure there's a real case for the 1st, but I'm sure that, for
> some libraries, the "overhead" for an overdue document is something
> like 20% of the initial price.
> Purchase price = 20USD (or CAN ;-) )
> replacementprice = 20 + 4 = 24USD.

The default replacement price will not be added to
items.replacementprice value. It's not a value to adjust what we already
have.

The default replacement price will be used when there is no value in the
items.replacementprice column.

For example, the default replacement price is 20$.

The patron lost the book A.
items.replacementprice for book A = 30$.
Long overdue cronjob will charge 30$ to the patron.

The patron lost book B.
items.replacementprice for book B = 0$
Long overdue cronjob will charge 20$ to the patron (the default
replacement price).

That's the feature we are going to implement.

I agree, we could also update the mysql table to replace the 0 value by
the default value but it means having access to the database, etc. With
this development, librarians will be free to manage these values without
having access to the database.

I also like the idea of managing the replacement cost with a % of
additionnal fee but it's a new feature. We don't have funding for this
one so we won't add it to the development. Thanks for the suggestion.