[Koha-devel] Pending PDF::Reuse Release And Koha

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Wed Dec 3 18:53:25 CET 2014

I have rolled a pending PDF::Reuse release which incorporates several
methods which I wrote to accommodate the label and patroncard tools in Koha
back in 2009. I had hoped these would be included in PDF::Reuse before now;
however, they were not. The module appears to have been abandoned by the
original author, and I was able to be listed as a co-maintainer.

I have tested these changes on Koha's current head, and they appear to work
fine. This is an official call for testing these changes prior to my
releasing the new version of PDF::Reuse.

Since these changes directly affect Koha, they have the potential to affect
current and future stable installs. Below is a link to a dev release of
PDF::Reuse which contains the proposed changes. Attached is a patch
formatted against the head current at the time of this email. Please do the
following:

1. Upgrade PDF::Reuse to 0.35_01.
2. Run Koha's non-DB dependent test suite. You should notice some non-fatal
warnings about the redefinition of one or two subs in PDF::Reuse. This
should not affect the functionality of the tools for the end user.
3. Verify the functionality of the related tools.
4. Apply the attached patch.
5. Re-run Koha's non-DB dependent test suite. You should note no warnings
related to PDF::Reuse.
6. Re-verify the functionality of the related tools.
7. Reply to the list with any issue which arise.

After we're happy with the changes, I will submit the attached patch to
Koha via normal channels for QA, etc.

This conversation will serve as QA for the proposed PDF::Reuse release.
There are many things which could be different about the code in
PDF::Reuse. This release is not the time to deal with these, so please keep
it to show-stopping problems. There will be plenty of time to "fix" other
things later. (That said, feel free to send along any thoughts directly to
me.)

Kind Regards,
Chris

http://backpan.perl.org/authors/id/C/CN/CNIGHS/PDF-Reuse-0.35_01.tar.gz