[Koha-devel] Accounts Rewrite

Brendan Gallagher info at bywatersolutions.com
Fri Dec 5 23:57:09 CET 2014

Katrin  -

One thing that I would like to add to your great list already.

Is the migration piece.  Lots of testing with different databases and
currencies for migration from the old accountlines data into the new
accounts system data.  That should be tested by all involved with a few
different datasets.

-Brendan

On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 4:56 PM, Katrin Fischer <Katrin.Fischer.83 at web.de>
wrote:

> Hi Kyle and Jonathan,
>
> I'd also like to help to bring this into Koha, but at the same time I am
> scared a bit by the size of it. So I have been thinking on how we could
> tackle this and would like to make some suggestions, hopefully making
> sure we don't miss anything and don't double up work needlessly.
>
> As first steps I'd like to suggest having a first code review and
> discussion about the technical implementation to avoid a lot of
> retesting because of changes that might be made. Jonathan has left some
> comments on the bug already - thx!
>
> The other thing I'd really like to see is a documentation of all the
> 'money related' features in Koha on a wiki page or a shared document we
> all can edit easily (I don't have a strong preference here - whatever
> most people are comfortable with). I see 3 main areas: GUI (staff and
> OPAC), APIs (SIP2, ILS-DI, others?) and scripts (longoverdue.pl,
> fines.pl, staticfines.pl, etc.)
>
> As one person might not be able to test all of those, having a single
> place to document all the testing could also help to split up the work a
> bit and avoid that we all test the same while missing other not so
> widely used features. It would serve as a check list and reference for
> future developments.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Katrin
>

> Am 04.12.2014 um 15:14 schrieb Jonathan Druart:
> > Hi Kyle,
> >
> > I will try to have a look.
> > I will be quite busy for the end of the year, so I don't know when I
> > will find time to do it.
> > When do you think it could be signed off?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Jonathan

> >> Hey All,
> >>
> >> It's been well over a year since I submitted my first iteration of the
> >> accounts rewrite. Now that 3.18 is out the door, I think it's time to
> hit
> >> the ground running!
> >>
> >> Due to the size of this change, I'm asking for *two* QA volunteers who
> are
> >> willing to work closely with me to make sure we have all our ducks in a
> row.
> >> I think it should be first pass, second pass, rather than both
> >> simultaneously.
> >>
> >> Any QA'er whose willing to work with me on this, please let me know!
> >>
> >> I can state that right now it's definitely not in a passable state,
> there
> >> are a number of visual bugs that need to be taken care of, but all in
> all it
> >> works really well. We've had two partners battle testing this code
> since I
> >> first submitted it, and the only issues are related to backporting the
> >> feature to older versions of Koha. In addition, NEKLS has volunteered to
> >> test it as well. I'm working on setting up their test server with the
> code.

> [...]

Brendan A. Gallagher
ByWater Solutions
CEO

Support and Consulting for Open Source Software
Installation, Data Migration, Training, Customization, Hosting
and Complete Support Packages
Headquarters: Santa Barbara, CA - Office: Redding, CT
Phone # (888) 900-8944
http://bywatersolutions.com
info at bywatersolutions.com