[Koha-devel] Please assist: auth values

Joy Nelson joy at bywatersolutions.com
Thu Feb 20 00:33:40 CET 2014

Golly Paul!  When you say that the volunteer deleted a loc value of
rare book room, are you referring to the authorised value of rare book
room?  If so, then you should be able to simply re-add a location of
rare book room to the authorised value list and be ok.  When an
authorised value is deleted, it does not delete the data in the items
table (items.location)

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "so I can't "re-enter" the
auth value which is no longer available for admin editing"
This is not been my experience with the authorised_values list.

Are you finding data on a query like this?
 select barcode from items where location =<enter the code you used
for rarebooks>
or
 select distinct(location) from items    -which will show you all the
location values in use in the database.

-joy