[Koha-devel] Please assist: auth values

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Thu Feb 20 00:54:44 CET 2014

Paul A schreef op wo 19-02-2014 om 18:21 [-0500]:
> At the end of the day, an enthusiastic volunteer instead of deleting
> an
> empty box from the "loc" values, accidentally deleted our "rare book
> room"
> (my fault, I gave him superlibrarian credentials instead of doing the
> job
> myself.)

Can you clarify? Because if I understand you right, this isn't a big
problem.

You had a loc authorised value corresponding to a box, and that was to
be deleted, but instead the authorised value corresponding to a room was
deleted?

The link to the authorised value is stored in the "location" field in
the items table. All that deleting the authorised value will do will
cause those items to show with the code rather than the full name.

The one thing that's confusing me is why you can see the authorised
value still in the table. It's either there or not there, it shouldn't
be in the table but not visible in the user interface.

Can you explain the actual symptoms of what you're seeing, that might
help.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.