[Koha-devel] Regarding Error - make: *** [blib/ZEBRA_CONF_DIR/etc/passwd] Error 2 while installing KOHA

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 19:53:56 CET 2014

Nazneen, I wish I had a Mac to test and provide proper instructions :-D
That said, do u have Apache2 installed? How? Where are the configuration
files? I'm pretty sure that the /etc/apache2/sites-available dir is a
Debian thing, and hence not present (or even meaninful) in Mac OS.

Tell us a bit more about your Apache setup and we might be of help. BTW,
I'd say that you should use the /etc/koha/koha-httpd.conf file that the
standard setup process creates. Did u perform a standard install?

Regards
To+

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 3:39 PM, Nazneen <nazneenr at thoughtworks.com> wrote:

> Thank you for your prompt reply.
>
> I started the installation once more after downloading it from-
> http://download.koha-community.org/
>
> I could successfully run the following steps:
>
> 1) perl Makefile.PL
> 2) make
> 3) sudo make install
>
> But the next step is giving me the following error:
> 4) sudo ln -s /blib/KOHA_CONF_DIR/koha-httpd.conf
> /etc/apache2/sites-available/koha
> The source dir is at /blib/KOHA_CONF_DIR/koha-httpd.conf so replaced it.
>
> But I get this error: ln: /etc/apache2/sites-available/koha: No such file
> or
> directory
>
> I am using MAC OS.
>
> Where I am going wrong?
>
> Instead of the above command if I just copy the koha-httpd.conf to /etc/ --
> will that do?
>

> --

Tomás Cohen Arazi
Prosecretaría de Informática
Universidad Nacional de Córdoba
✆ +54 351 4333190 ext 13168
GPG: B76C 6E7C 2D80 551A C765  E225 0A27 2EA1 B2F3 C15F