[Koha-devel] RFC: /svc/ API

Chris Cormack chrisc at catalyst.net.nz
Mon Jul 21 21:46:58 CEST 2014

* Philippe Blouin (philippe.blouin at inlibro.com) wrote:
> Hi,
> Changing the API would be quite simple.  But not making it "retro-compatible"
> could be a nightmare to some installs.  In our case, we "published" the
> addresses as call-backs.  Correcting those in the remote systems could be a
> drag, way more than the usual rebase/upgrade/fix involving code.
>
> Just a thought.

Hi All

I think we you want to do something like this (change a published and in use API) then
we should version it.

So that the current in use version can be version one, we make a new version 2 of the API
people can transition to it. At some point in the future (maybe) we get rid of version 1

Chris
--
Chris Cormack
Catalyst IT Ltd.