[Koha-devel] RFC: /svc/ API

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Wed Jul 23 02:11:13 CEST 2014

+1 to a versioned API. I don't think that I use it for anything at the
moment, but I'm not 100% sure about all our apps. I think we might have a
third-party one that uses it.

As for PUT vs POST, I suppose strictly speaking PUT would be more
appropriate for /svc/bib. In terms of difficulty, it would be fairly trivial
to update our apps.

It's worth remembering that the OCLC Connexion daemon
"./misc/bin/connexion_import_daemon.pl" uses "/cgi-bin/koha/svc/import_bib".
This script should probably also use PUT, but I have no idea if OCLC
Connexion supports that.

Since there are an indeterminate number of third-party software systems
using the existing API, I'd recommend versioning and using v2 to handle
things more RESTfully.

David Cook
Systems Librarian
Prosentient Systems