[Koha-devel] RFC: /svc/ API

Petter Goksøyr Åsen petter.goksoyr.asen at kul.oslo.kommune.no
Wed Jul 23 04:11:51 CEST 2014

David Cook wrote:
> Since there are an indeterminate number of third-party software systems
> using the existing API, I'd recommend versioning and using v2 to handle
> things more RESTfully.

I agree. We should think twice before breaking existing integrations and workflows.

I am also interested to hear peoples opinions about Koha's HTTP APIs in general:
- do you want them expanded? for what use cases?
- and more importantly: should Koha's templates make use of i'ts own APIs?

My library certainly think this could be a fruitful direction for Koha to go, and want
to help make it happen. But if there is no big interest in the community in this approach,
we'll more likely to fork and/or contribute to Biblibre's koha-restful instead of patching the svc and ILS-DI APIs.

Regards,
Petter Goksøyr Åsen
Deichmanske bibliotek / Oslo Public Library