[Koha-devel] On Koha Debian apt repository layout and package versions

Renvoize, Martin martin.renvoize at ptfs-europe.com
Thu Jun 5 21:19:40 CEST 2014

I think there's allot of merit to Lars's suggestions and personally think
the final approach to be the most sensible, allowing users to stick to a
stable supported version without being forced to upgrade every 6 months in
our case, to a .0 release.

I do have a couple of questions however, and these are the reasons I
believe the original bug requesting such a change was changed to 'RESOLVED
- WONTFIX'.

Lars, could you comment on upgrade paths between versions if we moved to
having koha, koha-3.12 and koha-3.14 versions per pocket? (i.e., how does
one seamlessly switch from koha-3.12 to koha3.14 when they chose to do so..
I'm sure this has all been solved before, but I'm unaware how), and
importantly how to you 'end of life' a version once say koha-3.10 is
unsupported, is there a method to notify a user to switch?

Your input on those tow points would be most appreciated.

Martin Renvoize (Ashimema on IRC)
Software Engineer, PTFS Europe Ltd
Skype:
Landline: 0203 286 8685