[Koha-devel] Removal of the prog and CCSR themes in 3.18

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Mon May 12 18:46:25 CEST 2014

At 08:00 AM 5/12/2014 -0700, Galen Charlton wrote:
>Hi,
>
>On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 7:55 AM, Galen Charlton <gmc at esilibrary.com> wrote:
> > Assuming that we don't change our minds, then as of now, there would
> > be no requirement that new patches update the prog theme.
>
>Also, I have opened bug 12233 for the removal of the themes.  Any
>concerns about the mechanics of removing the deprecated themes should
>probably go there.

Hi Galen,

Your bug report mentions "if the opactheme system preference is set to
either 'prog' or 'ccsr', it should be changed to 'bootstrap'"

Ours (3.8.5) is set to 'prog' because we don't have any choice :=}  Is
there some sort of document somewhere that I could look at to understand
the evolution/options?

We're currently in the middle of our two-year cycle to upgrade our servers
(either Ubuntu 14.04 or Debian 7.5) and when that's stabilized will look at
upgrading Koha (not a top priority, as for our specialized needs -- not a
lending library -- 3.8.5 "cutomized" is working extremely well.) So
anything to do with OPAC appearance is of great interest to me.

There was a previous email noting that 3.8.x has no "maintainer."  I had
offered (and am still willing), but have not yet been able to wrap my head
around git. However, there is a possibility that we will stick with 3.8 in
production.

tnx and br -- Paul