[Koha-devel] Proposal for a change in guidelines for the sign-off process in the Koha-community

Brendan Gallagher info at bywatersolutions.com
Fri Oct 10 20:32:45 CEST 2014

One Additional note -

I would continue to encourage all those that sign-off on bugs to really add
a lot of notes to their sign-offs.  The more information on places that you
may have been stuck or parts you were not 100% sure on - really really help
the QA and RM teams.  That is totally one thing that I need to get better
at during my sign-offs and testing periods.

Thanks,
Brendan

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 8:10 AM, Brendan Gallagher <
info at bywatersolutions.com> wrote:

> Hello All -
>
> During the hackfest, there was a discussion on the sign-off process for
> Koha.  In attendance was, Nathan, Chris, Katrin, Paul_P, Jonathan, Arnaud,
> Joy, Brendan, Tomás, Brooke, Tom, and BobB.  Here is what we all agreed
> upon to send a proposal to the next developers or general meeting
>
> I'd like to put forward a motion for removal of the guideline that one
> company shouldn't sign-off on the same company's patches within the
> community.  I am suggesting additional checks be included in the sign-off
> process to prevent abuse of the proposed guideline, such as the committer
> and the person signing off must not have collaborated on the development of
> the patch.  We shall review that idea/process every 6 months as an agenda
> item in the general meeting, to make sure that no abuse of the new
> privilege has occurred; also note here - that we do not have to wait 6
> months to point out abuse of this new privilege.  The QA team and Release
> Team still have the right to ask for more eyes to look at a certain bug at
> anytime and this should continue.
>
> Thank you,
> Brendan Gallagher

Brendan A. Gallagher
ByWater Solutions
CEO

Support and Consulting for Open Source Software
Installation, Data Migration, Training, Customization, Hosting
and Complete Support Packages
Headquarters: Santa Barbara, CA - Office: Redding, CT
Phone # (888) 900-8944
http://bywatersolutions.com
info at bywatersolutions.com