[Koha-devel] Proposal for a change in guidelines for the sign-off process in the Koha-community

Marcel de Rooy M.de.Rooy at rijksmuseum.nl
Mon Oct 13 09:45:10 CEST 2014

> I’d like to put forward a motion for removal of the guideline that one company shouldn’t sign-off on the same

> company's patches within the community.  I am suggesting additional checks be included in the sign-off process

> to prevent abuse of the proposed guideline, such as the committer and the person signing off must not have

> collaborated on the development of the patch.

See: http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Development_workflow

These workflow rules on the wiki already say:

Preferably, patch writer and patch signer should not be from the same company or institution.

Yes, it is preferred but is not strictly required.

And also:

If a patch is not passed QA for one month, then it can be QA'd by someone from the same company or institution.

I would suggest to make the following change:

If a patch has not been signed for one month, it can be signed off by someone from the same company or institution. (Easy to check by QAer.)

And to prevent "abuse" of the combination (signoff and QA in the same company):

If a patch has not passed QA for one month, then it can be QA'd by someone from the same company or institution UNLESS it is already signed by someone from the same company. (Does this rule need a sort of escape to prevent very specific patches waiting for several months in the SO queue?)

Marcel