[Koha-devel] Proposed addition to the development-meetings:

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Tue Oct 21 10:02:40 CEST 2014

Le 14/10/2014 17:27, Brendan Gallagher a écrit :
> Hello Marcel -
>
> I feel that some things that are put into discussion just take too long
> to get out of discussion or don't really ever get any feedback.  So the
> idea is that I'll bring these up at Dev-meetings so we get some movement
> on them.  The example I used was the DBIC - we've been talking about
> this for a few years now and I think it's time we all vote and decide on
> the correct path forward.  That is it - nothing more complicated than that.
I think that the problem comes from the fact that TIMTOWTDI. ie: there
is not "one correct path".
We should give deadlines for proposals and POC, then call for a vote,
and once we've voted, let's do it like this. There's probably another
way to do it, probably a better way according to someone, but it's the
way we've decided to go, that's it. And the ones who will do it should
have a big voice (in french we say something like "persuaders are not
paying", to express that it's easy to say what to do when you don't have
to do it yourself ;-) )

--
Paul Poulain, Associé-gérant / co-owner
BibLibre, expert du logiciel libre pour les bibliothèques