[Koha-devel] Conventions for CLI scripts

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Thu Oct 23 01:07:39 CEST 2014

Paul Poulain schreef op di 21-10-2014 om 09:56 [+0200]:
> mmm... I agree with this point, BUT, for large changes, MySQL really
> does really not well with a huge single transactions. In this case,
> the
> only way is to do smaller transactions.

I've never noticed that, but perhaps the things I'm usually doing aren't
quite big enough. However, it's not a big deal to batch up (say) 1,000
operations and then commit/not commit them if necessary. It does lose
you some element of error recovery, but at least you can still do a real
dry-run test and it'll fail safely if something is wrong.

Or we could run postgres :)

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.