[Koha-devel] Conventions for CLI scripts

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Thu Oct 23 11:18:14 CEST 2014

Le 23/10/2014 01:07, Robin Sheat a écrit :
> Paul Poulain schreef op di 21-10-2014 om 09:56 [+0200]:
>> mmm... I agree with this point, BUT, for large changes, MySQL really
>> does really not well with a huge single transactions. In this case,
>> the
>> only way is to do smaller transactions.
>
> I've never noticed that, but perhaps the things I'm usually doing aren't
> quite big enough. However, it's not a big deal to batch up (say) 1,000
> operations and then commit/not commit them if necessary. It does lose
> you some element of error recovery, but at least you can still do a real
> dry-run test and it'll fail safely if something is wrong.
Yep, 1000 is not a big deal. I'm talking here of 1 000 000 of mysql
operations (on a large catalogue, it's easy to reach, with constraints.
Something like DELETE from biblio WHERE title LIKE "A%" will also have
an impact on biblioitems, which has an impact on items, which has an
impact on issues, which has ...)

> Or we could run postgres :)
Troll detected :D :D

--
Paul Poulain, Associé-gérant / co-owner
BibLibre, expert du logiciel libre pour les bibliothèques