[Koha-devel] Facilitate integration of some patches

Jonathan Druart jonathan.druart at bugs.koha-community.org
Thu Aug 20 15:51:16 CEST 2015

Hello devs,

I would like to suggest a simplification of the integration workflow
for some patches.
Indeed the signoff queue is back to a critical threshold (200) and the
signoffer's activity is very low.

Being part of the QA team, I try not to test patches in the Needs
Signoff queue as I loose my QA token.
The active members of the QA team are very limited and when we do SO,
this increase the QA queue.
As a result there is less chances my patches are QAed as there are
more and more patches in the QA queue. It's a bit egoistic, but we all
have the same problem.

So I suggest that for some patches, the ones with a minor severity,
small or template changes could, IMO, bypass the signoff step.

I would like to discuss this during the next dev meetings, but I am
keen to get some feedbacks on this idea.

Cheers,
Jonathan

PS: If I am correct, we already have discussed about that previously.