[Koha-devel] [QA] Too many major and critical bugs in the QA queue

Brendan Gallagher info at bywatersolutions.com
Thu Aug 27 20:55:19 CEST 2015

I can look at a few of these starting on Monday afternoon.

-Brendan

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 8:04 AM, Jonathan Druart <
jonathan.druart at bugs.koha-community.org> wrote:

> Hi QAers,
> There are 18 bug reports in the QA queue which are either major or
> critical.
> For most of them I am the author or am not able to QA on it.
> Please have a look at them in priority.
>
> Here the list with the people out to QA (JD Jonathan Druart, KH Kyle Hall)
>
> 14098 Regression in Marc Modification Templates
> Major (JD, KH) Really, this one should be tested and passed as quick
> as possible, I have already try and draw the attention on this one but
> without success...
>
> 13411 SIP server returns not ok for checking in items that are not checked
> out
> Major (KH) I can try and take this one, but SIP... Colin maybe?
>
> 8723  holds don't transfer when moving items
> Critical (JD) An old Critical, so certainly not *very* critical, but
> maybe a little bit :)
>
> 12525 Patron Lists aren't added to list pulldown when created from Patron
> search
> Major (JD) Open by Kyle, so maybe you could be a good candidate? :)
>
> 13943 Cancelling the deletion process of an item deletes item anyway
> Major (JD) This one is really bad. "Are you sure you want to delete?
> No? Ok too bad for you!"
>
> 6756  Patron anonymizing tool reports false success
> Major (JD) 140 lines of tests added for a 3 lines patch, that would be
> worthwhile!
>
> 14205 Deleting an Item/Record does not remove link to course reserve
> Major (JD) Maybe not major, but quite easy to tests.
>
> 10005 inventory checks items in without warning
> Major (JD) This one is waiting for a patch for more than 2 years, now
> it has one!
>
> 12965 can create an item type that already exists
> Major (JD) Just to be consistent... Really easy to test.
>
> 12885 Search fails with errors when HTML5 Media is enabled and url has
> plus (+) charcters
> Major (JD) Really easy to test.
>
> 14584 Encoding broken with system preferences
> Major (JD) Encoding problem!
>
> 14598 itemtype is not set on statistics by C4::Circulation::AddReturn
> Major (KH) I have let a comment, but you can have a look too.
>
> 14685 Cannot set guarantor for a child account
> Critical (JD) Yes you have correctly read, it's critical: regression
> in stable branches!
>
> 14155 Placing holds via ILSDI bypass some checks
> Major (JD, potential conflict of interest)
>
> 14597 Reverting a batch where a record overlaid is now deleted record will
> fail
> Major (KH) I have let a comment, Kyle has answered, but needs another
> fresh look.
> Kyle, maybe should we let the Logger decision for another patch (one
> which would not be major)?
>

> 14141 Changing the Library for a notice duplicates the notice instead
> of updating it
> Major (JD) Not a good patch, but a quick workaround.
>
> 14709 The export tool is broken if used from the command line
> [...]

Brendan A. Gallagher
ByWater Solutions
CEO

Support and Consulting for Open Source Software
Installation, Data Migration, Training, Customization, Hosting
and Complete Support Packages
Headquarters: Santa Barbara, CA - Office: Redding, CT
Phone # (888) 900-8944
http://bywatersolutions.com
info at bywatersolutions.com