[Koha-devel] [QA] Too many major and critical bugs in the QA queue

Jonathan Druart jonathan.druart at bugs.koha-community.org
Thu Aug 27 17:04:52 CEST 2015

Hi QAers,
There are 18 bug reports in the QA queue which are either major or critical.
For most of them I am the author or am not able to QA on it.
Please have a look at them in priority.

Here the list with the people out to QA (JD Jonathan Druart, KH Kyle Hall)

14098 Regression in Marc Modification Templates
Major (JD, KH) Really, this one should be tested and passed as quick
as possible, I have already try and draw the attention on this one but
without success...

13411 SIP server returns not ok for checking in items that are not checked out
Major (KH) I can try and take this one, but SIP... Colin maybe?

8723  holds don't transfer when moving items
Critical (JD) An old Critical, so certainly not *very* critical, but
maybe a little bit :)

12525 Patron Lists aren't added to list pulldown when created from Patron search
Major (JD) Open by Kyle, so maybe you could be a good candidate? :)

13943 Cancelling the deletion process of an item deletes item anyway
Major (JD) This one is really bad. "Are you sure you want to delete?
No? Ok too bad for you!"

6756  Patron anonymizing tool reports false success
Major (JD) 140 lines of tests added for a 3 lines patch, that would be
worthwhile!

14205 Deleting an Item/Record does not remove link to course reserve
Major (JD) Maybe not major, but quite easy to tests.

10005 inventory checks items in without warning
Major (JD) This one is waiting for a patch for more than 2 years, now
it has one!

12965 can create an item type that already exists
Major (JD) Just to be consistent... Really easy to test.

12885 Search fails with errors when HTML5 Media is enabled and url has
plus (+) charcters
Major (JD) Really easy to test.

14584 Encoding broken with system preferences
Major (JD) Encoding problem!

14598 itemtype is not set on statistics by C4::Circulation::AddReturn
Major (KH) I have let a comment, but you can have a look too.

14685 Cannot set guarantor for a child account
Critical (JD) Yes you have correctly read, it's critical: regression
in stable branches!

14155 Placing holds via ILSDI bypass some checks
Major (JD, potential conflict of interest)

14597 Reverting a batch where a record overlaid is now deleted record will fail
Major (KH) I have let a comment, Kyle has answered, but needs another
fresh look.
Kyle, maybe should we let the Logger decision for another patch (one
which would not be major)?

14141 Changing the Library for a notice duplicates the notice instead
of updating it
Major (JD) Not a good patch, but a quick workaround.

14709 The export tool is broken if used from the command line
Major (JD) Very small patch, all is in the title. Could be a critical
one, it's in 3.20.x

14509 Koha still allows spaces at the end, beginning or as your password
Major (JD) quick follow-up for stable branches.

I can do all my best to patch major and critical bugs, but if nobody
tests them, I feel  a bit useless...

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan