[Koha-devel] Koha Hackfest in Berlin?

Mirko Tietgen mirko at abunchofthings.net
Tue Dec 8 20:43:56 CET 2015

A little update…

I checked location options and waited a few months to get rejected
by the coolest. ;)

With Kohacon in Greece in May/June and Biblibre moving their
hackfest to October, there does not seem to be much room for a third
"big" Koha thing in Europe during Summer 2016 anyway.

I could "easily" organize something for up to maybe 20 people for a
few days. In theory, that could even be done on a more regular basis
and we could work on a certain issue each time with a group of
people. Unfortunately the barbecue option does not work very well
before spring, but it's not impossible. ;)

One thing I would really like to do soon is dive deeper into speed
issues. There is a lot of loops and redundancy in several places
that would need some love. Other Topics welcome of course, in the
end it depends on the people attending.

I just reserved the room for January 27--31 2016, that is Wednesday
to Sunday. So there would be an option to do something on rather
short notice, if a few people are interested. I don't know if week
or weekend would work better for people, so it's kind of both and we
could choose what days would actually work. Starting earlier that
week would also be an option.

!!!This is not a fixed date yet!!!

I have to block the room in advance, so I did. If that works for
nobody, there is no harm done. Not 100% sure it works for me, I will
know in the coming days.

If you're interested, please express it in some way.

Cheers,

Mirko