[Koha-devel] OPAC !DOCTYPE

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Fri Feb 20 02:27:12 CET 2015

At 06:05 PM 2/19/2015 -0700, Jesse wrote:
>The shortened doctype looks odd, but is the new official recommendation
>for HTML 5. Koha has changed to this for the OPAC and (I believe the staff
>side).

Yup, but I tried that (explicitly declaring HTML5) and it throws up dozens
of errors (50+ of them yui css) and hundreds of warnings. Putting it back
to XHTML substantially decreases the list.

Best -- Paul

><<mailto:paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com>paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com>:
>doc-head-open.inc in 3.08 started by adding:
>
><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
>Â  Â
>"<http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd>http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
>
>3.18 just adds <!DOCTYPE html> -- which gives rise to "errors" in most
>verification processes (W3C etc).  Was there a reason to change
>this?  (Can't find anything in bugs.)
>
>I'm playing with the Google mod_pagespeed in Apache 2.4, and adding the
>full DOCTYPE seems necessary. I haven't (yet) seen a downside to adding it
>back in.
>
>Best -- Paul

>--
>Jesse Weaver

---
Maritime heritage and history, preservation and conservation,
research and education through the written word and the arts.
<http://NavalMarineArchive.com> and <http://UltraMarine.ca>