[Koha-devel] Upgrade path for packages

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Wed Feb 25 05:20:55 CET 2015

I’ve been wondering a bit about the best way to do this as well.

I recently put together two Koha boxes using the Debian packages, and I’m not sure how they will manage when it comes to versions.

On one hand, they might not have enough technical knowledge, and that will mean they might “accidentally” upgrade.

On the other hand, they might have enough technical knowledge, so they might pin the package or manage their version upgrades some other way.

I’m not sure how much we can predict and compensate for the behaviour and knowledge of people installing Koha. In the case of the boxes I put together, they don’t have enough technical knowledge. But that lack of knowledge might indicate that they need to employ someone that does have that knowledge to look after their Koha box.

I don’t know :S.

David Cook

Systems Librarian

Prosentient Systems