[Koha-devel] 3.13.2 speed

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Fri Jan 2 02:42:46 CET 2015

Happy New Year to all,

Finally got 3.18.2 up and running, LAN only, with a mysql dump from our
production server. Lots of customization to get to, but I'm quite startled
by the slow speed of searching on the OPAC.

Speed:

3.8.5                      3.18.2
=================================
Time to search catalogue for 's'
<http://opac.navalmarinearchive.com/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl?idx=&q=s>
<2 secs                    19 secs    LAN
3.64
sec                   n/a        http://vertain.com/m.q?req=cstr&reqid=dAx78pvE
Time to reload homepage:
<1 secs                    2 secs     LAN
2.75
sec                   n/a        http://vertain.com/m.q?req=cstr&reqid=dAx78pvE
Size of HTML file:
71932 chrs                 191702 chrs

All tests with Firefox, zero cache. The new server should be a bit faster
than the production box (Haswell quad-core i7, compared to the older Ivy
Bridge) same 16 Gig memory, and near identical SSDs.  I've tried with
Apache (2.4.7) set to mpm_event as well as mpm_prefork + mpm_itk -- no
difference.  Staff page searches are equally slow, and other staff pages
appear a tad sluggish.

Obviously the size of the HTML has increased, but can anyone suggest any
avenues I could explore to get things speeded up?

Many thanks and again happy new year all around.

Paul