[Koha-devel] 3.18 search speed

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Sun Jan 4 23:01:52 CET 2015

Paul A schreef op za 03-01-2015 om 20:17 [-0500]:
> I'm really looking for some help here, please, my brain (whatever is
> left!) is swimming in Perl code.

I suggest that a holiday may not be the best time to ask :)

> I'm getting the notion that maybe the db conversion (3.08 => 3.18,
> which reported all done) missed something, or that after two years of
> use, there's possibly something corrupt.  If not, there's maybe a
> "config file" that's missing somewhere with some fine detail. All perl
> modules are present (except 3.18 tells me that Readonly::XS (1.02) is
> not installed, but I have 1.05), permissions have been verified, ps -u
> koha shows the daemon and zebrasrv running, mysqlcheck is clean, etc.

Try this:

http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Profiling_with_Devel::NYTProf

if you're running things from the command line (which is generally
fine), then you can run it as, for example:

perl -d:NYTProf ./opac-search.pl ...

rather than needing to edit the file.

This should make it pretty obvious where all it's time is spent.

Also, you can pass server variables through just as environment
variables. So, SERVER_PORT could be filled in with:

SERVER_PORT=80 perl -d....

I've used this to feed cookies and client IP addresses in so that it
thinks I'm logged in.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.