[Koha-devel] 3.18 search speed

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Mon Jan 5 19:13:27 CET 2015

Robin,

Many thanks for the suggestion. But late yesterday I got frustrated,
ghosted 3.8.5 to the new server and put it into production -- my
theoretical deadline was 31/12/14... ;={

However, I still want 3.18 if I can. I started over on a fresh 64-bit
sandbox, got all the dependencies (and copied over an "archival" tarball of
./etc/koha, ./var/lib/koha and ./usr/share/koha for history's sake) and am
now trying the "package."  Followed the Wiki page, but so far, very limited
luck. It seems to have set up an empty mysql db, under a new name (pw
unknown), with new unknown zebra name/pw, and above all a new user on the
system! again pw unknown. I probably misunderstood the very limited
questions during the install trying to use existing names for "instance"
(and all I want is one.) Not at all like the tarball, which allowed some
granularity.

File permissions are all over the place, with root mixed in with group
"koha318-koha" (whoever that is?)

I've got a staff-admin page but no db (it's there, but Koha is looking for
it's own I suppose.)

No OPAC at all - apache reports "The requested URL
/cgi-bin/koha/opac-main.pl was not found on this server." but it's there:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  2645 Dec 28 23:55 opac-main.pl ...

Onwards and upwards :)

Best regards -- Paul