[Koha-devel] 3.18 search speed

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Jan 7 00:07:40 CET 2015

Paul A schreef op di 06-01-2015 om 17:49 [-0500]:
> Many thanks for all your input.  I started all over again using your advice
> and the Wiki.  The only possible exception was from README.Debian (see
> /usr/sbin/koha-create for which variables to set) $ /usr/sbin/koha-create
> --help
>
> So I tried to "populate" the instance with the correct db (mysql koha18
> belongs to 'koha' with all grants) and ran:
>
> $ sudo /usr/sbin/koha-create --use-db --database dbname koha18 --adminuser koha

that is not correct, it'll try to use a database called 'dbname'.

You're doing things the hard way, by the way. In my previous email I
suggested letting it set things up in a standard way, and then loading
your data in. That would be the easy way.

> which ran and restarted apache2. It appears to have created a user
> koha18-koha (system, but not mysql where it's added a 'debian-sys-maint'
> user),

debian-sys-maint is not created by koha-create, it's created by Debian
when you install MySQL.

> However, apache is returning for the OPAC:
> Can't call method "config" on unblessed reference at
> /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Context.pm line 779.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Auth.pm line 84.
> Compilation failed in require at
> /usr/share/koha/opac/cgi-bin/opac/opac-main.pl line 23.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
> /usr/share/koha/opac/cgi-bin/opac/opac-main.pl line 23.
>
> and for the staff site:
> Can't call method "config" on unblessed reference at
> /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Context.pm line 779.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Auth.pm line 84.
> Compilation failed in require at
> /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/mainpage.pl line 25.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
> /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/mainpage.pl line 25.

It's probably getting confused because the database 'dbname' doesn't
exist, would be my guess.

> perl -d -w is perhaps a bit more explicit:
> unable to locate Koha configuration file koha-conf.xml at

That's a totally different error, and it's because it doesn't have
environment variables set up to find the koha-conf.xml. But you
shouldn't be running perl against it directly anyway, in general.

> There is only one copy of koha-conf.xml:
> :/$ sudo find -iname koha-conf.xml
> ./etc/koha/sites/koha18/koha-conf.xml
> :/$
>
> Is that where it's supposed to be?