[Koha-devel] 3.18 search speed

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Wed Jan 7 01:21:48 CET 2015

At 12:07 PM 1/7/2015 +1300, Robin Sheat wrote:
[snip
> > perl -d -w is perhaps a bit more explicit:
> > unable to locate Koha configuration file koha-conf.xml at
>
>That's a totally different error, and it's because it doesn't have
>environment variables set up to find the koha-conf.xml.

Thanks - correct: the new user koha18-koha does not have it.

$ sudo -Hiu koha18-koha env | grep koha
USER=koha18-koha
USERNAME=koha18-koha
MAIL=/var/mail/koha18-koha
PWD=/var/lib/koha/koha18
HOME=/var/lib/koha/koha18
LOGNAME=koha18-koha

However, global env includes the correct koha path:
$ printenv | grep koha
PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha/lib
KOHA_CONF=/etc/koha/sites/koha18/koha-conf.xml
KOHA_PATH=/usr/share/koha

How to set up the new user's envvars? There's no "home" or "profile" as far
as I can see, and no obvious conf file at "HOME=/var/lib/koha/koha18".
Yesterday you suggested that username/pw would be in koha-conf.xml -- but
this just has the [correct] mysql db credentials, and the new zebra user/pw.

Is there any easy way to remove this "instance" and start over?

Many thanks -- Paul