[Koha-devel] 3.18 zebra

Michael Hafen michael.hafen at washk12.org
Wed Jan 21 21:27:03 CET 2015

Ok, I've poked around a bit with the scripts now.

Looks like the few command-line tools I looked at expect to be run as
root.  The zebra logging level is hard coded in koha-start-zebra as
'none,fatal,warn' which should be sufficient.  You probably already know
that the zebra error log is /var/log/koha/k318/zebra-error.log  You may
have to edit that script to change the zebra logging level, looks like the
value for verbose logging is 'none,fatal,warn,all' or at least that's the
case for zebraidx.  I expect zebrasrv to be the same.  I was wondering
about file-system permissions, but as long as koha-start-zebra is run as
root it takes care of that.

The 'Indexer not running' error refers to the rebuild_zebra.pl script,
which is started as a daemon by the koha-indexer command-line tool.  So
there may also be some error in there somewhere.  It's log is
/var/log/koha/k318/indexer-error.log

Hope that info helps.