[Koha-devel] 3.18 zebra

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Wed Jan 21 22:21:54 CET 2015

Michael,

Thank you, I'm on the same track, but being a little bit cautious. Since
the packages were introduced (and I have not yet used them in production) a
number of warnings have been expressed (e.g. one of our esteemed developers
wrote 20-Aug-2013: "Because the packages put koha-common in /etc/cron.d
that does the indexing. The fact you have reindexed as root will have
mucked up all sorts of permissions, including breaking this cron job.")

So what I have been trying to do is imitate the cron job (that is obviously
not running as intended.)  Basically after env. vars it is: */5 * * * *
root test -x /usr/sbin/koha-rebuild-zebra && koha-rebuild-zebra -q
$(koha-list --enabled)

I was questioning the 'root' (which may in itself be fairly normal for cron
jobs) which seems to go against previous advice.  The 'test -x' is taken
care of (the file does exist), -q defaults to bibs and auths but with no
verbosity, so 'koha-rebuild-zebra -v -f k318' seems like a reasonable
command line.  It's just a question of 'who' does it, and with 'what
permissions.'

The zebra logs seem to be working OK, but I do not have 'indexer-error.log'
anywhere on the system.

Best -- Paul