[Koha-devel] The meta-packages koha-perldeps

Zeno Tajoli z.tajoli at cineca.it
Fri Jan 23 17:52:20 CET 2015

Hi Fridolin,

Il 23/01/2015 14:10, Fridolin SOMERS ha scritto:
> "koha-perldeps" is the name of the meta-package having all perl libs has
> dependancies.
> You can install it even if you do not install "koha-common".
>
> We use it to maintain our dev env.

attention that the meta-package koha-perldeps (testd from stable and
from dev) doesn't install ALL package that Koha needs.
I find that same packages are not installed but you need them to use
koha. The list is the same from stable and unstable repo.

The list:

Apache packages:
apache2 apache2-mpm-itk apache2-utils apache2.2-bin apache2.2-common

Yaz, Zebra, git  and others packages:
autopoint docbook-xml docbook-xsl gettext git git-man idzebra-2.0
   idzebra-2.0-common idzebra-2.0-doc idzebra-2.0-utils
javascript-common libapr1 libaprutil1 libaprutil1-dbd-sqlite3
   libaprutil1-ldap libcroco3 libcurl3-gnutls liberror-perl
libgettextpo0 libicu-dev libidzebra-2.0 libidzebra-2.0-dev
   libidzebra-2.0-mod-alvis libidzebra-2.0-mod-dom
libidzebra-2.0-mod-grs-marc libidzebra-2.0-mod-grs-regx
libidzebra-2.0-mod-grs-xml
   libidzebra-2.0-mod-text libidzebra-2.0-modules libjs-jquery libjs-yui
librtmp0 libssh2-1 libunistring0 libxml2-dev libxml2-utils
   libxslt1-dev libyaz5-dev perl-doc pwgen rsync sgml-data ssl-cert
tcl8.4 tinymce unzip wwwconfig-common xmlstarlet xsltproc yaz

So (for everyone) if you want to install ONLY koha packages from a Net
install of Debian stable you need:

-- From 'root'
apt-get build-essential
apt-get install systemd
apt-get install sudo

Insert 'koha' in sudoers
Install koha repo
I suggest to install also IndexData repo

-- From 'koha'
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install koha-perldeps
sudo apt-get install mysql-server [if you want mysql on the same hw of Koha]
sudo apt-get install <the list above>

To finish now those package must be installed/updated with CPAN:

HTTPD::Bench::ApacheBench
Test::DBIx::Class
Archive::Extract
DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader
Test::WWW::Mechanize

Except Archive::Extract (for Plugins) the others are mandatory only for
development.

Attention, this is the situation as I know it, do your tests if you want
to be sure.

Bye
Zeno Tajoli

--
Dr. Zeno Tajoli
Soluzioni per la Ricerca Istituzionale - Automazione Biblioteche
z.tajoli at cineca.it
fax +39 02 2135520
CINECA - Sede operativa di Segrate