[Koha-devel] Koha Hackfest in Berlin?

Mirko Tietgen mirko at abunchofthings.net
Thu Jul 9 00:25:07 CEST 2015

Hello there, European (and other) Koha devs,

I am considering hosting a Koha hackfest in Berlin/ Germany next year.

It is not supposed to be a counter event to the Hackfest in
Marseille nor the Kohacon, but an additional option to meet and work
together. It could maybe take place July 2016 (very preliminary date
for very preliminary planning), maybe 3 days or the whole week.

Before I spend more time fantasizing about it, I'd like your opinion…

- do you think it is a good idea (and you would consider joining)?
- do you think it is a good idea (but you know you won't join)?
- do you think it is not a good idea (given there is a Hackfest in
Marseille and Kohacon already, or for other reasons)?
- do you think you would have to decide between Berlin and Marseille?
- do you think something completely different?

No hard feelings if you say Kohacon + Marseille is enough, that
would be very valuable feedback.

For obvious reasons I would love to hear opinions from Europe
(positive or negative), but if coming to Berlin is an option for
people from more distant places, I'd love to hear that too.

Cheers,

Mirko

--

Mirko Tietgen