[Koha-devel] SIP Authentication broken when LDAP Auth Enabled

Bernard Shiundu bshiundu at strathmore.edu
Mon Jul 27 09:26:15 CEST 2015

Hello Fridolin,

The bug is filed on bugzilla (Bug 14507) and yes the kohasipuser can login
on the OPAC ...

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 10:13 AM, Fridolin SOMERS <
fridolin.somers at biblibre.com> wrote:

> Hie, dirty bug.
> you should open a bug report.
> http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/
>
> If you try to authenticate with "kohasipuser" in OPAC, does it work ?
>
> Regards,
>

> Le 08/07/2015 19:39, Bernard Shiundu a écrit :
>
>> We have been running KOHA with ldap authentication enabled and are now
>> trying to get the SIP server going.
>>
>> I notice that when ldap auth is enabled I cannot authenticate a regular
>> Koha Account  via SIP.
>>
>> With ldap enabled, testing via telnet using
>> 9300CNkohasipuserid|COkohasipuserpwd|CPmybranch| returns 941 but in the
>> sip
>> ogs I see:
>>
>> LDAP bind failed as kohauser kohasipuser: LDAP error #49:
>> LDAP_INVALID_CREDENTIALS
>> # The wrong password was supplied or the SASL credentials could not be
>> processed
>>
>> When I disable ldap auth in koha-xml.conf everything works as advertised.
>> have also tried adding my kohasipuser to ldap. This makes the error go
>> away
>> in the logs but Koha users still cannot login via SIP.
>>
>> Any suggestions on how to overcome this?
>>
>> Bernard Shiundu
>> Nairobi, Kenya
>>

>> --

> --
> Fridolin SOMERS
> Biblibre - Pôles support et système
> fridolin.somers at biblibre.com

Note: All emails sent from Strathmore University are subject to
Strathmore’s Email Terms & Conditions. Please click here
<http://www.strathmore.edu/aboutus.php?id=184> to read the policy.

"Visit our Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/StrathmoreUniversity>Page and Twitter
<https://twitter.com/StrathU>Account".