[Koha-devel] Koha and mod perl

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Mon Jun 1 02:30:42 CEST 2015

I've been using mod_perl on a different project lately, and I think Paul is right about why mod_perl might not have worked well in the past and probably works better now. As far as I know, both mod_perl and Plack gain "persistence" through a combination of pre-loading Perl modules and caching compiled code. (

If you do run into problems, I imagine they might be subtle at this point? With the mod_perl project, I notice that we still have some variable scope issues where values sometimes get cached in unexpected ways.

As for Paul's Question 2, I think most projects these days are favouring Plack/PSGI.  I think mod_perl might be a bit old-fashioned these days, although it certainly seems to work well still.

David Cook
Systems Librarian
Prosentient Systems
72/330 Wattle St, Ultimo, NSW 2007