[Koha-devel] Web services only of authenticated users [C4::Service]

Zeno Tajoli z.tajoli at cineca.it
Wed Mar 4 18:20:10 CET 2015

Hi to all,

today, working on do a metsearch for Opac,
I have found that web service basic API (C4::Service)
could be used only from authenticated users.

In fact with C4::Service->init(<permission to check>);
it is mandatory to insert a permission that is checked in
C4::Auth check_api_auth.

The check is done on the user that is logged in the browers that
does the request.

If you do the request from the opac without be logged, the answer could be only:
{"type":"auth","message":"failed"}

We have a web service that work without authentication ,it is opac/svc/report.

But it doesn't use C4::Service.

I think it is an important topic to know if we want to use more a central web service
infrastructure.

Bye