[Koha-devel] Another bug status

Marc Véron veron at veron.ch
Wed Mar 4 21:27:35 CET 2015

I agree with Mirko that we should have clear rules.

That's what I found on the Wiki:

I think that the Status "In discussion" should be used as it was outlined
when it was introduced, see:
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Bug_and_Enhancement_Discussion

---Snip--------
Sometimes, patches or bugs requires some strategic discussion to define
the best way to do something. This discussion can be purely technical, or
functional.
---End Snip--------

Issues that are not on a strategic level should not go to "In discussion".

The possibilities we have right now to switch away from "Need Signoff" are
outlined in the Wiki page "Development workflow", see:
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Development_workflow

---Snip--------
Failure cases
1.    if the 'patch signer' can't test the patch because it does not apply
anymore, the status is set to Patch doesn't apply
2.    if the 'patch signer' can apply the patch but after some tests sees
that there is a functional problem with the patch, the status is set to In
Discussion or Failed QA, depending on the kind of the problem the tester
has detected. The description from the tester must be as detailed as
possible to be able to reproduce the failure.
3.    if the 'QA manager' has some objections during the QA process, the
status is set to Failed QA
(...)
---End Snip--------

And I agree with Katrin that it would be logical to have an additional
status as Kyle suggested.

I would prefer to call it "Signoff in process" instead of "Failed
signoff", because it could cover all the minor things on technical (not
strategic) level, e.g. little code glitches, questions, hints,
suggestions, things that could be fixed in a follow up etc.
In short, it would be something between 'about to fail' and 'about to be
saved'  :-)

The possibilities to switch away from "Signoff in process" would be:
- Needs Signoff (minor things resolved, questions answered  etc., ready to
sign off)
- Failed QA (No reaction of author within a certain time, code glitches
turn out to be bigger issues...)
- In Discussion (for strategical issues / discussions only)

The longer I ponder about it the more I think that such a status would be
a good tool to streamline the whole bug work flow.