[Koha-devel] New RESTful API

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 21:18:27 CET 2015

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 5:07 PM, Chris Cormack <chrisc at catalyst.net.nz>
wrote:

> * Galen Charlton (gmc at esilibrary.com) wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 7:41 AM, Julian Maurice <
> julian.maurice at biblibre.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > A proof-of-concept patch was made and is attached to Bug 13799 [2].
> > >

> > Are we ready to jump to requiring a minimum of Perl 5.18?  My read of the
> > Mojolicious FAQ [1] is that 5.18 and 5.20 are well supported at present,
> > while 5.10 is best effort.  "Best effort" for frameworks does not,
> however,
> > inspire great confidence in me.
> >
> > This is by not necessarily a showstopper -- Debian Jessie will ship with
> > 5.20, Ubuntu Trusty ships 5.18, and so forth -- but if we're not ready to
> > make the jump in Perl versions, I would suggest finding a different
> > framework to use.
> >
> > [1]
> >
> http://mojolicio.us/perldoc/Mojolicious/Guides/FAQ#Which-versions-of-Perl-are-supported-by-Mojolicious
> >
> I'd like to hear what the advantages of us using Mojolicious are, vs
> something like Raisin?
>
> https://metacpan.org/pod/Raisin
>
> Chris

Raisin was the first proposed tool to build the API. We found it was
Plack-only, and that it implemented an outdated version of Swagger, which
seemed a requirement for people proposing it.

Mojolicious was found to be CGI-friendly, and also has a Swagger2 plugin.

I'm not saying those are blockers, but that was part of the discussion.

--
Tomás Cohen Arazi
Prosecretaría de Informática