[Koha-devel] Koha and mod perl

Gaetan Boisson gaetan.boisson at biblibre.com
Wed May 27 11:22:37 CEST 2015

  Hello all,

has anyone set up mod perl on a koha instance? And if so, are there any
bugs or issues doing this?

It seems we tried it some time ago, and this page says there are issues,
but doesn't give more details:
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_Tuning

We have been testing it today and i haven't seen serious issues so far.
 From the wiki it seems the latest tests were made 4 years ago, so it's
possible things have changed in Koha and mod_perl.

It's something worth trying at any rate, because the mod perl
documentation claims "400% to 2000%" performance boosts. It definitely
feels *much* faster on our test instance right now.

--
Gaetan Boisson
Chef de projet bibliothécaire
gaetan.boisson at biblibre.com