[Koha-devel] Koha and mod perl

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Wed May 27 11:32:32 CEST 2015

Le 27/05/2015 11:22, Gaetan Boisson a écrit :
>  Hello all,
Hello,
> has anyone set up mod perl on a koha instance? And if so, are there
> any bugs or issues doing this?
Theory : Plack & mod_perl are using the same kind of idea to embed Perl
(for Plack it's in specific plackup/starman process, for mod_perl it's
in Apache itself).

The reason why mod_perl was not working well are probably the same
reason why Plack was not working well (ie: nested sub & variable scope
problem). They have been fixed for supporting Plack, it's not a surprise
to me that they fixed the mod_perl problems.

It also mean that the performance improvement should also be comparable.

Question 1: what could make us face problem with Plack that does not
appear on mod_perl ?
Question 2: why should we prefer Plack vs mod_perl ? (in the short term
and/or in the long term)
Question 3: any side effect that we haven't found yet ?

--
Paul Poulain, Associé-gérant / co-owner
BibLibre, Services en logiciels libres pour les bibliothèques