[Koha-devel] Benchmarks - prior to the 3.22 release

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 21:19:40 CET 2015

jonathan.druart at bugs.koha-community.org>:

> Hi devs,
>
> Please have a look at the these benchmarks:
>
> http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Benchmark_for_3.22

It is expected that broader DBIC usage would have more footprint [1]. I
wonder what your Plack setup is, as the packages integration uses Starman
with prefork, so the load time should not be user-noticeable.

Hum...

I agree with Paul A, that running in Plack feels so close to zero-time,
that those numbers sound unrealistic. Maybe we should go back to caching
sysprefs (you could test that if you have the VM ready for it) and have the
workers last shorter time (something between 1 and 5 requests) [2].

[1] Only as an example, we are now retireving sysprefs through DBIC.
[2] Dobrica mentioned this in Marseille. I don't recall how many beers we
had before that.

--
Tomás Cohen Arazi
Theke Solutions (http://theke.io)