[Koha-devel] Searching numeric ranges

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Thu Nov 12 02:21:39 CET 2015

The latest note on the matter…

Barton, good work on highlighting this issue. It was indeed a bug in YAZ, and it’s one that Indexdata fixed just 35 hours ago:  <http://git.indexdata.com/?p=yaz.git;a=commit;h=31596bdcae098f8acea695d44c44ee5f646b4c1f> http://git.indexdata.com/?p=yaz.git;a=commit;h=31596bdcae098f8acea695d44c44ee5f646b4c1f

So version 5.15.0 is the latest version of YAZ. I haven’t actually tested the fix yet, but the key problem was with the 2=102 relevance relation attribute incorrectly overriding the relation attributes created by r=o/r=r in the CCL2RPN conversion.

The error message that followed were due to the relevance 2=102 attribute being incompatible with numeric indexes. I talked to Adam Dickmeiss from Indexdata, and he said that relevance works with every query structure except 4=107 (zebra local number) and 4=109 (numeric strings/indexes).

In those cases, he suggests using r=o/r=r, and if you look at ccl.properties… we indeed do add r=o for st-numeric… so that’s OK.

He did suggest that he might add support for relevance on numeric indexes, but not sure about that one.

Barton: I don’t think you’re going to be able to add lexile searching to the advanced search without making a workaround. After all, even with a new version of YAZ released, it’s not going to be available via any package managers yet… and it could break things for people with a version of YAZ less than 5.15.0…

David Cook

Systems Librarian

Prosentient Systems

72/330 Wattle St, Ultimo, NSW 2007