[Koha-devel] Searching numeric ranges

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Fri Nov 13 00:03:01 CET 2015

Hopefully this will be my last email on the topic.

As I mentioned before, YAZ 5.15.0 contains the CCL2RPN fix, which fixes the error that Barton was encountering during the search process outlined below.

It might also be worth mentioning that Zebra 2.0.62 will contain a fix that allows 4=109 searches to use the 2=102 relevance attribute. This probably won’t affect us too much since st-numeric uses r=o, but it might be useful in cases where we’re searching for notforloan as that’s a CCL qualifier for 1=8008 4=109.

With versions of Zebra prior to 2.0.62, doing a search for rk=(notforloan = 1) will result in a 117 error. The short-term fix would be to just add r=o to notforloan as well, but remembering to add r=o anytime you use 4=109  is prone to human error.

Anyway, as I said above, hopefully that’s my last post about this topic, so I’ll stop spamming everyone ;).

David Cook

Systems Librarian

Prosentient Systems

72/330 Wattle St, Ultimo, NSW 2007