[Koha-devel] incremental backup of the DB

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Thu Nov 19 03:55:09 CET 2015

I agree with Robin. I've seen another system that does database dumps during the middle of the day while the database server is running, and the increased server load is quite significant. I'm also guessing that locking takes place as sometimes the load will skyrocket during this time. Besides the huge lowering of performance, your data might be inaccurate or even corrupt anyway since you might be doing a backup midway through a script action.

David Cook
Systems Librarian
Prosentient Systems
72/330 Wattle St, Ultimo, NSW 2007