[Koha-devel] Bug 1993 - Task Scheduler Needs Re-write

Liz Rea liz at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Oct 27 21:38:45 CET 2015

I would love to see a proper queuing system used for this, maybe
introduce a really nice solution here that we can apply across the board
for other things that need queuing. I'm thinking things like zebra
updates, sending checkin/checkout emails, and others I'm sure I'm not
thinking of.

The at based scheduler has a really nasty bug on ubuntu 14/apache2.4
where the task scheduler doesn't work at all (see bug 14774). I am
absolutely not opposed to replacing the current scheduler for reports.

Cheers,
Liz