[Koha-devel] Cataloguer's info in MARC field

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 17:41:00 CEST 2015

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 6:46 PM, akafortes <akafortes at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello G.K.MANJUNATH,
> thank you for your answer but I'm afraid that's not what I'm looking for.
> It's my understanding that this field is used for when the specified record
> is stored in an electronic form and in this field you save information about
> its location and maybe credentials (or something like that) in order to
> access it.

Your understanding on 856 is correct. Since you want to track the
cataloger who created that record, I would say that you can use 040 -
https://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd040.html

the field is used to track the cataloging agency. but nothing really
stops you from adding your cataloging librarian's name / code as
modifying agency and track it. A bit of jquery and you should be good
to go!

cheers
-idg

> G.K.MANJUNATH wrote
>> Marc tag 856$l  is for  Logon (NR).
>>
>> I do not know whether the login code gets added to this field.  If can
>> customise you may be able store it.
>>
>> check at http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd856.html
>>

>> tks
>> g.k.m
>>

>> On Tue, 22 Sep 2015, akafortes wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>
>>> is it possible to get the username of the logged in user and use it in a
>>> MARC field?
>>
>>> I would like to add a field where I keep info about who catalogued a
>>> record.
>>>

>>> --

> --

Indranil Das Gupta

Phone : +91-98300-20971
Blog    : http://indradg.randomink.org/blog
IRC      : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net
Twitter : indradg